PROFLEX® MSI is a system of products to be used for installing large format tile and stone. It is specially formulated to control shrinkage of a thick bed mortar. This system is designed to assist installers that are installing larger tile and stone as well as 2. ungauged stone, slate , marble, and granite (not water sensitive stones). Designed to go up to 4” over the Proflex membranes. The system can be applied to floors, countertops, and shower floors.
- Concrete Substrates to be structurally sound, dry and free from grease, oil, dirt, dust, and other foreign matter such as curing agents and other “bond breaking” material.
- Use a minimum 5/8” premium grade plywood over subfloor; All wooden flooring underlayments to be placed over 16” on center joists with a total thickness of 1 1/4” of the wooden substrate.
MSI – ANSI A108.1A, ANSI A108.1B Thick Bed Mortar
PROFLEX® MSI is a reinforced portland cement based thick-bed mortar that is It is specially formulated to control shrinkage. MSI is designed to be used in conjunction with PROFLEX® elastomeric crack-isolation membranes, PROFLEX® polymer modified thinset mortars meeting ANSI A118.11. These components work together to ensure a superior bond of tile and stone finish surfaces unmatched by other manufacturers. This system is designed to assist installers that are installing larger tile and stone as well as ungauged stone, slate, marble, and granite (not water sensitive stones). Designed installation from 1/2” up to 4” over PROFLEX® membranes. The system can be applied to floors, countertops, and sloped shower floors.
- Meets and exceeds A108.1A, A108.1B
- High strength bond for large format tile and stone installations
- Consistent performance; single component
Working Time 30-40 minutes Initial Set 3-7 hours Final Set 14 hours Compressive Strength 4015 psi, 7 days 7950 psi, after 30 days
Working and setting times will vary based on temperature and humidity.
Small Format Tiles: 1/4” x 1/4” x 1/4” Square Notch, 65 sq. ft., Large Format Tiles: 1/4” x 3/8” x 1/4” Square Notch, 50 sq. ft.