Proflex Products Qualifying for LEED Points
PROFLEX recognizes the importance and benefits of LEED v4 compliance.
LEED v4 (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) is the nationally recognized standard for qualifying building construction as complying with the U.S. Green Building Council’s (USGBC) guidelines. It is important to
understand that individual products are not LEED v4 certified. LEED v4 is a points-based system that qualifies buildings as being LEED v4 compliant. Individual products that qualify under specific LEED v4 categories can contribute to the points required for a building to be LEED v4 certified.
Buildings can be certified through the points system to meet one of four LEED v4 certifications:
Of the five categories that a building can earn points toward certification, only two categories are applicable to Products; Materials & Resources and Indoor Environmental Air Quality.
Under Materials & Resources, there are four qualifications under which PROFLEX contribute to LEED v4 certification:
1. MR Credit 4.1: Recycled Content: 10% (post-consumer + ½ pre-consumer).
2. MR Credit 4.2: Recycled Content: 20% (post-consumer + ½ pre-consumer).
3. MR Credit 5.1: Regional Materials: 10% Extracted, Processed & Manufactured Regionally (within a 500-mile radius of PROFLEX in Haines City, FL 33844).
4. MR Credit 5.2: Regional Materials: 20% Extracted, Processed & Manufactured Regionally (within a 500-mile radius of PROFLEX in Haines City, FL 33844).
5. EQ Credit 4.1: Under Indoor Environmental Air Quality, the Volatile Organic Com pounds (VOC) of an adhesive are measured and are required to fall within established parameters for specific product types to be considered “Low-Emitting Materials, Adhesives and Sealants”. In accordance with the USGBC, PROFLEX products can qualify for contribution to LEED v4 points under the testing procedures established by the “South Coast Air Quality Management District’s Rule 1168 –Adhesive and Sealant Appli-
PROFLEX products are listed in five (5) points’ categories that can contribute to LEED v4 certification of a building. The following additional list that indicate the PROFLEX products that contribute to LEED v4 certification and the specific categories in which each product can contribute. Additional information for individual Product Data Sheets and SDS Sheets can be accessed at www.proflex.us.
Contact PROFLEX’s Technical Service Department at 877-577-6353 for any other specific information or inquiry.